Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Huzzah! "Saw" producer Oren Koules and his merry band of financially challenged partners are now the proud owners of the Tampa Bay Lightning. First order of business: Trading two draft picks for the exclusive negotiating rights to Vaclav Prospal from the Philadelphia Flyers. Do you really need exclusivity to tell a guy, "Hey, you love it here and Tortorella's no longer the coach?" Guess so.
• Patrick Marleau has been rumored to the Columbus Blue Jackets since before either of them were born. If the Jackets are willing to deal the No. 6 overall pick for him, they're out of their minds. [Sun Media]
• What hockey can learn from soccer. Over-acting to a draw a penalty makes the list; scoring, naturally, does not. [The Hockey News]
• American Hockey Fan has the fever ... "MVP" on SOAPNet fever! Never before has an unpopular Canadian drama been more wildly anticipated in the U.S. [AHF]
• One of our favorite bloggers, The Forechecker, returns with a massive post that covers Ryan Suter, "Boots" Del Biaggio, Dan Ellis and everything else in the world of the Nashville Predators. [The Forechecker]
• Kevin Schultz with a rundown of NHL Draft parties. The way things are going in Nashville, theirs might be BYOB. [The FanHouse]
• An update on the life and times of Adam Deadmarsh. [Denver Post]
• Making the case that Doug Gilmour is not, in fact, a Hall of Fame player. Even if we think he is. [Buds Banter]
• Finally, the Anaheim Ducks will know by Friday whether or not Scott Niedermayer will return to play next season, leaving the only tedious "will he or won't he" storyline in Anaheim this summer exclusive to the front office.