Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: "Youppi, the mascot of the Montreal Canadiens pokes the zamboni driver with hockey stick during the NHL game"
• • •
Preview: Montreal Canadiens at New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Philadelphia Flyers at Detroit Red Wings, 8 p.m. ET
Preview: Phoenix Coyotes at Calgary Flames, 10 p.m. ET
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Stingy Habs. As the Canadiens go for the home-and-home sweep of the Devils, they'll do so with one of the league's best defenses. According to the AP, opponents have failed to score more than two goals against Montreal in 10 of their last 11 games.
2. Jakub No-Score-a-cek. Flyers forward Jakub Voracek is in a scoring rut, not having beat a goaltender since a two-goal performance against the Senators on Nov. 12, a span of 10 games.
3. Joe Louis Arena a house of horrors for Flyers. According to CSN Philadelphia, since Nov., 1989, the Flyers are 1-16-0-2 when visiting Detroit. Let's not forget Games 1 and 2 of the 1997 Stanley Cup Final.
4. Monahan's here to stay. First, he got the news that he wouldn't be going back to junior. Now, Sean Monahan knows he'll be spending his Christmas and New Year's with the Flames after the organization told Hockey Canada they will not release him to participate in the World Junior Championships later this month.
5. Giordano boost?. Captain Mark Giordano is a game-time decision for the Flames after missing the last 18 games with a broken ankle.
Bold Prediction: Voracek scores the game winner as the Flyers edge Detroit 2-1.