Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: "Kevin Bieksa of the Vancouver Canucks is handed a stick by team mascot Fin at BC Place..."
• • •
Preview: Detroit Red Wings at New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: San Jose Sharks at Carolina Hurricanes, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Minnesota Wild at Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m. ET
Preview: Anaheim Ducks at Chicago Blackhawks, 8 p.m. ET
Preview: Colorado Avalanche at Calgary Flames, 9 p.m. ET
Preview: Phoenix Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks, 10 p.m. ET
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. No Brunner versus former mates. Damien Brunner spent last season with the Red Wings before signing with the Devils over the summer. Struggling this year in New Jersey, Brunner will be a healthy scratch Friday night, with head coach Peter DeBoer saying he needs to do "a little more."
2. Flames trying to go streaking. A win tonight over the Avalanche would mean the first three-game win streak for the Flames since last April.
3. Stan Bowman waiting and seeing on salary cap RE: Toews, Kane extensions. From ESPN Chicago: "Because there’s a new television deal, I’m not going to assume it’s going to be $80 million. I don’t operate that way. If you base your assumptions on predictions and you’re wrong, I can’t say, ‘They said it was going to be $80 million.’ I’m going to wait to see where it goes. I think it’s safe to say it’s going to go up. It’s think it’s a little bit irresponsible to say where it’s going to be unless you have intricate knowledge of the cap.”
4. Help Dale Weise. Poor Dale Weise can't find his helmet, as this trailer for NBCSN's "NHL Revealed" shows. Also, upset Torts!
5. Edler sidlined. Alex Edler's out with a knee injury. It's the first injury any Canuck defenseman has suffered all season. Andrew Alberts will draw in for Edler.
Bold Prediction: Sharks rebound and Logan Couture leads the way with two goals.