Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: Sportscaster Bob Costas during an interview with host Seth Meyers.
• • • • • •
Preview: Dallas Stars at Carolina Hurricanes, 7:00 p.m. EST
Preview: New York Rangers at Colorado Avalanche, 9:00 p.m. EST
• • • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1) Possible Pacific Division playoff preview. If all stays as is in the Pacific, the Kings and Sharks are meeting in the first round of the playoffs. Although it pains Ducks fans to pull for the Kings, they need to in order to keep the Sharks of the Ducks tail for the Califorizonada division title.
2) A haiku for Maple Leaf fans.
Every game must-win
Nonis, Carlyle on hot-seat
Oh shit! It's Boston
3) Ryan Miller sees Sabres for the first time since trade...from the bench. The Blues have decided to give Mr. Miller the night off against his former team. Don't worry, Steve Ott will still be there to give his special kind of 'hello' to his old teammates.
4) No Kane, No Toews, No Problem? Minnesota hopes to pounce on the superstar depleted-ish lineup to continue to pull away from the other teams fighting for Wild Card spots. They are in the first wild card spot four points ahead of Dallas and Phoenix (idle tonight).
5) Who can clinch what tonight.
Boston can secure the top seed in the Eastern Conference by:
#1) Beating Toronto in any fashion AND Pittsburgh losing to Winnipeg in any fashion OR
#2) The B's get one-point against Toronto AND Pittsburgh loses in regulation to the Jets.
Pittsburgh can clinch the Metro Division title by:
#1) Getting at least one-point against Winnipeg OR
#2) Flyers lose to Columbus in any fashion OR #3) Flyers beat the Columbus in a shoot-out