Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: Two Ottawa Senators fans pay tribute to coach Paul MacLean.
• • •
Preview: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 p.m. ET
Preview: Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres, 8 p.m. ET
• • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Alfredsson Vs. Ottawa. The former Sens captain faces his old mates. Said Jason Spezza: "We're used to seeing one guy move on and play for a different team and play against teammates you've played with. It will be different because it's Alfie, but I think it will be harder for him playing against Ottawa because it's the only place he's ever played."
2. Mika's Back: Zibanejad is back with the Senators after his AHL demotion, and hopefully he won't be so complacent this time.
3. The Sabres Are Backup Goalie Bad. Chad Johnson gets his Bruins debut against Buffalo.
4. Buffalo C-oncern. Do the Sabres have two captains but actually have no captains?
5. Claude Julien Keeping His Sox Up. The Bruins coach hopes Boston doesn't forget against the Bruins even though it totally will during the World Series. “Certainly you don’t want to be forgotten. It’s important to be winning. The city is riled up about everything right now, and we need to keep it that way.”
• • •
Bold Prediction: Alfredsson gets a secondary assist, and Ottawa gets the win.