Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• • • • • •
Preview: Washington Capitals at St. Louis Blues, 8 p.m. EST
Preview: Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars, 8:30 p.m. EST
• • • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1) Who could be eliminated tonight? The Predators, Senators, and Hurricanes are all dangling on the edge. A loss tonight spellst the formal end of their playoff aspirations.
2) Who can clinch? The Flyers and the Wild are sitting pretty in their respective conferences. Win and they're in.
3) Huge Wild Card matchups in the West. Both Dallas and Phoenix are in action tonight, battling for the final Wild Card spot. One point separates the two clubs, and you have to like Dallas's chances to stretch their lead to three. They play Nashville. Meanwhile, the Coyotes play Columbus, who are fighting for their playoff lives as well.
4) Pretty big Wild Card matchups in the East. Columbus and Detroit could take a stranglehold on their playoff spots with wins tonight. Losses, on the other hand, coupled with wins by Toronto or Washington, could give new life to those clubs.
5) Avalanche can't beat the Oilers on the road. Not much on the line here but pride, as the Avalanche try to avoid their fourth consecutive road loss to the last-place Oilers. That's just embarrassing.
Bold Predictions: Dallas wins, Phoenix loses.