Will it be Aaron Ekblad? Sam Bennett? Leon Draisaitll? We'll find out Friday night in Philadelphia when round one of the 2014 NHL Draft takes place. Along with the top pick drama, there is also the sense that we'll see some mores trades go down to go along with the slew that occurred this afternoon.
While you're keeping up with the action, your friends at Puck Daddy are back with another drinking game to improve your NHL Draft experience.
Here's what you should look for today and tomorrow to help increase your beverage-to-hand ratio.
• Each time a team thanks the city of Philadelphia for their hospitality.
• Each time a team congratulates the Los Angeles Kings for winning the Stanley Cup
• Each time a team gives a shout out to their fans "back home at our Draft party".
• Whenever the "Russian factor" is mentioned in regards to a potential player bolting for the KHL at some point in their career.
• The bloodlines of a draftee are brought up. (This will happen a lot this weekend. Sorry.)
• A conversation between general managers is shown.
• A player hugs or kisses his mother after being selected.
• Any team, GM, player or commissioner is booed.
• Your team makes a trade.
• Your team makes a trade that makes you want to take two drinks.
• If Flyers fans booing the Penguins selection drowns out GM Jim Rutherford making the announcement.
• The moment Brian Burke is spotted with an undone tie.
• When Commissioner Gary Bettman steps to the podium and utters, "We have a trade to announce."
• If a player hugs or kisses someone other than his mother after being selected.
• A trade is completed after a player waives his no-trade clause.
• For any celebrity used to make a draft pick announcement. We're thinking the celebrity Kings fan tour will move from Las Vegas to Philadelphia this weekend.
• If a pending UFA's rights are traded (example: Dan Boyle).
• Any mention of the 2015 draft class (Jack Eichel, Connor McDavid)
• The NHL's video draft board has a malfunction.
• Anything Penguins-related is cheered in Philadelphia.
(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy, of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)