Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Today's biggest news: The Nashville Predators have painted their ice yellow gold for the offseason. Naturally, it looks like a legion of dogs were left unattended on it. [Meghan Hunter]
• In less ridiculous news, the Predators have re-signed Rich Clune for two years and $1.7 million. [Predators]
• Speaking of the Predators, they'll be operating two new youth hockey rinks to be built in nearby Antioch. [Tennessean]
• Wondering why Gilbert Brule never really panned out? This high-quality piece by Tony Gallagher sheds some light on what happened, and how he hopes to get back into the NHL. [The Province]
• Joe Sakic on Nathan MacKinnon. "We believe he is ready. He'll step in and he will already be one of the fastest skaters in the game." [Avalanche]
• Is Brooks Laich a second-line centre? [Japers' Rink]
• Boston's Toucher & Rich inform girls at the mall that Tyler Seguin has been traded, comedy ensues. [CBS Boston]
The Chicago Blackhawks' 1961 Stanley Cup banner just sold for $38,500 at auction. [ESPN]
• The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and their not-so-secret use of analytics. [Buzzing the Net]
• Claude Lemieux, Matt Cooke, and the rest of the most notorious villains in NHL history. [Last Word on Sports]
• It had to happen. Via Reddit, the San Jose Sharknados. As with most things in life, it needs more Ian Ziering.
• Andrew Ference hopes to be part of the turnaround in Edmonton. [The Globe & Mail]
• The Calgary Flames expect to sign 2013 6th overall pick Sean Monahan in short order. [Calgary Sun]
• The psycho-murderer in this B-movie horror film is named Mike Gillis. [PITB]
• Western Michigan University has plans to build a new hockey arena. [Bronco Hockey Hotstove]
• According to adjusted plus/minus, Tanner Glass isn't very good. He's boss as Scrabble though, for what it's worth. [Kuklas's Korner]
• Paying tribute to Wayne Fleming. [Calgary Sun]
• Jamie Langenbrunner is not ready to retire just yet. [Duluth News Tribune]
• Stefan Matteau will miss the remainder of New Jersey Devils' rookie camp with an injury. [NHL]
• Why hasn't anyone signed Mikhail Grabovski or Damien Brunner? Seriously. [Backhand Shelf]
• Here. Watch some Islanders rookies do fancy shootout things.
Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• Kings acquire Daniel Carcillo from the Blackhawks
• Who were the luckiest and unluckiest teams of 2013?
• Report: Rob Blake to quit NHL job for Kings