Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
S/O to Patty Kane for knowing what's up and covering the blues logo pic.twitter.com/09PB0hC6qj
— Megan (@MeganStael) July 23, 2014
• Patrick Kane poses for a photo with a fan, wisely covers up the St. Louis Blues logo. Company man to the end.
• Jim Nill throws a little love towards the hockey blogosphere. "There’s amazing stuff in the blogosphere. We sit down all the time and analyze it. Lindy and I are on the plane all the time and looking at this stuff – we look at it and track it to see if there’s something there. Like I said, we’re all very competitive, and we are all looking for the edge. And whatever’s gonna help us is great for the game.” [Sporting News]
• James Mirtle on why the Kyle Dubas hiring signals the dawn of a new era in Toronto. [The Globe & Mail]
• In case you weren't sold on how young Kyle Dubas is, here's a handy infographic contrasting his age with his NHL GM peers. [Sportsnet]
• Mike Babcock is beginning to get into analytics. [NHL]
• And speaking of analyitcs, if you still haven't checked out Corey Sznajder's zone entry tracking project, amend your error now. [Shutdown Line]
• The Sedins have escaped a lot of criticism in Vancouver, and likely will if the team is poor again next year. Here's who will face fan wrath instead. [The Province]
• Important advice from Rich Clune in this NSFW Q&A: "If you’re a dude: don’t send dick pics. And don’t ask a girl to send a naked picture, just take what comes your way. It’s a lot classier if you let things happen organically." Truth. [No Filter Blog]
• The Islanders have avoided arbitration with Kevin Poulin, signing a one=year, two-way deal. [The Score]
• Great stuff from Jeff Klein on the coming revolution in hockey helmetry. [New York Times]
• Who will win the least next season, and in so doing, set themselves up to win next summer? [The Hockey News]
• NHL veteran Cory Sarich was hit by a car while riding his bike earlier this week. He hopes to recover and resume his NHL career. [Denver Post]
• Scenes from Tom Sestito's five-goal season. [Pass it to Bulis]
• Great stuff on former NHLer Claude Vilgrain, and his daughter Cassandra, who's picking up the hockey torch. [Color of Hockey]
• The strangest and saddest lines from every NHL team's Wikipedia page. [Grantland]
• If you have $500,000 lying around, you could buy yourself a minor-league hockey franchise. [Biz Journals]
• Taylor Pyatt signs in Switzerland. [Swiss Hockey News]
• Here's new Canucks GM Jim Benning selling the rest of his staff on the Ryan Kesler trade. More behind-the-scenes stuff like this, please.