Defenseman Marek Zidlicky has been many things for the Minnesota Wild this year: atrocious on the ice, insubordinate in the media, a healthy scratch in the press box for Coach Mike Yeo.
But to really gauge his negative impact and general terribleness in 2011-12, Puck Daddy's infographics ace Dan Gustafson of SixteenWins.com has created this handy visual aid to The Zidlicky Conundrum:
From Gustafson: "Not that I think he's the reason they've crapped out (there are many reasons), but it's really weird how bad they are when he's in."
One assumes this will be someone else's problem by the trade deadline. Along with news anchors, left-handed relief pitchers and NFL punters, puck-moving defensemen are always going to be (a) on the move and (b) coveted by someone.
(Dan will be working with Puck Daddy on creating some whimsical and informative NHL graphics throughout the season. If you have any requests, email us at email@example.com. Visit Dan at Sixteen Wins and follow him on Twitter here.)
Previously on Puck Daddy
• Illustrated guide to NHL All-Star Game MVPs and their accomplishments
• Illustrated guide to NHL players that logged 1,000 or more games with one team
• Illustrated guide to USA vs. Canada in World Juniors
• Illustrated guide to the 2011 Ron Swanson NHL All-Star Team
• Illustrated guide to firing NHL coaches during the season
• Illustrated guide to NHL No. 11s on 11-11-11
• Illustrated guide to NHL realignment history
• Illustrated guide to Brendan Shanahan's NHL suspensions (so far)
• Illustrated guide to the Bruins' $156,679 Foxwoods bar tab