Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
WOW! Cant believe the Ebay deals. New summer tires from Florida. Even came with authenticity picture.. pic.twitter.com/HbrS8J9AiR
— Jason Garrison (@GarrisonFive) August 15, 2013
• Roberto Luongo finds out who stole his wheels. It was Jason Garrison!
• BREAKING: Gabriel Landeskog has inked a seven-year extension with the Colorado Avalanche. More in a bit.
• Discussions have gone on this summer, but according to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, don't expect HGH testing until at least the 2014-15 season. [Toronto Star]
• On the topic of PEDs in hockey, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews says the more testing the better. [Toronto Sun]
• Forest City Ratner, the group that developed Barclays Center, has won the right to re-develop Nassau Coliseum once the Islanders move to Brooklyn. [Isles Blog]
• Ryan Kennedy on why the NHL should be focusing on a World Cup tournament and not the Olympics. [THN]
• After spending last season in the AHL, Tim Connolly is just waiting for another opportunity, according to his agent, J.P. Barry: "He's being patient. I think he's just taking a pause now. He's been through some injuries. He just wants his body to heal. I think there will be a demand for him when he decides to play." [Post-Standard]
• Is Roberto Luongo happy? "I’m not sure what the definition of happiness is, even when one is ecstatic," said Vancouver Canucks assistant general manager Laurence Gilman. [Province]
• A great look at Columbus Blue Jacket president John Davidson's work to promote the team in the community. [Dispatch]
• When Shawn Thornton retires, it won't be at a press conference. It will come as people are ripping the skates off his feet, according to him. [CSNNE]
• Depending on your age, you might recognize some last names among the potential top picks in the 2014 NHL Draft. [Buzzing the Net]
• This Zdeno Chara bobblehead has so many things wrong with it, beginning with the fact that it's not even to scale. [Stanley Cup of Chowdah]
• Are you in a keeper fantasy hockey league? Here's why you should keep an eye on Beau Bennett and Radko Gudas [Dobber Hockey]
• Matt Brown, the Massachusetts high school hockey player who was paralyzed during a game, has been refused entry into the New York City Marathon because "entrants must participate in the race under their own propulsion." [CBS Boston]
• Finally, here's the KHL's Josh Gratton mic'd up and a ref cam during a pre-season tournament. Some NSFW language and a Max Afinogenov sighting!