Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Toronto hockey humour graffiti update: Yup, it's still there. pic.twitter.com/CrIZWETwUT— SeanFitz_Gerald (@SeanFitz_Gerald) September 2, 2014
• Hockey is coming.
• Carol Vadnais, who spent 17 years in the NHL with six teams, passed away at age 68 over the weekend after a battle with cancer. [Gazette]
• With all the recent talk about expansion, let’s not forget that inaugural season’s are really, really difficult. [Japers’ Rink]
• Really good read on new Flames goalie coach Jordan Sigalet and his fight with multiple sclerosis. [The Blade]
• It’s OK to draft a goaltender, even if they are hard to project. [Raw Charge]
• Which WHL players could make the NHL leap this season? [Buzzing the Net]
• From the Silver Monster of Chinese Taipei to Agaves Guadalajara of Mexico, here are the 55 IIHF member country champions of the past year. [IIHF]
• In a fantasy hockey auction league? Here are 10 bargains to keep an eye on. [Dobber Hockey]
• Finally, here's former NHL ref Bill McCreary and his glorious mustache taking part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: