Back by popular demand, here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Via Lockhart Steele on Twitter: "Guy wants to sell me these for $150 each. seeing Callahan lay out Deron Williams worth it? Thoughts?" Insert your shot-blocking and/or goaltending joke here. [Deadspin, s/t @Tedislaw]
Eastern Conference Final Game 2 Preview: New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers, 8 p.m. ET. No lineup changes for the Rangers but the Devils could have a new look for Game 2: Coach Pete DeBoer reunited Zach Parise with Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk, and will have Patrik Elias skating with Petr Sykora and Dainius Zubrus. The Devils are going to try to find a way around the Rangers' shot blocking that doesn't involve maiming. By the way, that whole "keep Rangers fans out of the Rock" thing the Devils were doing? It's disappeared, and the team hasn't explained why.
• Listen to today's Marek Vs. Wyshynski here.
• Adam Proteau presents the top 10 UFAs this summer. You know Nos. 1 and 2; did you know No. 3 was Dennis Wideman of the Washington Capitals? [THN]
• Ratings for Game 2 between the LA Kings and Phoenix Coyotes were down 32 percent from Game 1 but down only 1 percent from last year's Game 2 between the Sharks and Canucks. [Puck The Media]
• Another year in the minors for Florida Panthers goalie Jacob Markstrom? That's what Mike Santos, assistant GM, is saying. [Sun Sentinel]
• Evansville, Fort Wayne to the ECHL? [Caller]
• Dallas Stars owner Tom Gaglardi says that his team will be built the smart way, but that he's ready top push for the right key free agent. [Dallas Morning News]
• Ken Campbell on the CBA termination notice: "That would leave both sides less than three months to hammer out an agreement in which the owners will be looking to likely reduce the players' share of hockey related revenues and place limits on long-term contracts. The one thing that has been absent from the dynamic compared to 2004 is rhetoric from either side. (Although Chicago Blackhawks chairman Rocky Wirtz recently reiterated that the Blackhawks continue to lose money despite close to 200 straight sellouts and alluded to, 'a challenging business model.')" [THN]
• Marc Methot of the Blue Jackets earns a 1-game suspension at worlds. [The Cannon]
• Finally, via TSN and Robert Söderlind, the top 10 Stanley Cup Playoff saves. No. 1 remains one of our favorite saves. Just sick.
Puck Daddy Reader Comment of the Day: Chris F. on Doan and Morris escaping punishment:
"The Kings frustrated the crap out of Phoenix and is currently putting on a clinic, that's probably enough punishment in itself..."
Bold Prediction: Kovalchuk leads the Devils in scoring for Game 2.