By popular demand, Puck Daddy takes its Conn Smythe Watch from the evening Three Stars to every morning of the postseason. Keep in mind that we factor in the probability of a long playoff run into these choices. Who are the current favorites for playoff MVP? Glad you asked.
1. Anze Kopitar, Los Angeles Kings
The Kings star now has four goals and six assists, and his 10 points puts him in a tie for the playoff lead.
2. Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins
The playoffs’ best goalie, with a .961 save percentage and a 1.16 GAA. His battle against Carey Price should be epic.
3. Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
Toews has three goals, four assists and three game-winning goals in the Blackhawks’ first six games of the postseason.
4. Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
Getzlaf has three goals and four assists so far for Anaheim, and was their most important forward in the first round.
5. Zach Parise, Minnesota Wild
Parise had a quiet Game 7, but his 10 points lead the Wild and is tied for the playoff lead.
6. Evgeni Malkin Pittsburgh Penguins
Malkin’s hat trick powered the Penguins to a 4-3 win in Game 6 over Columbus, advancing to the second round.
7. Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings
Doughty has seven points in seven games and has played outstanding hockey for the Kings.
8. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
The King was the difference in Game 7, and now has a .919 save percentage and a 2.11 GAA.
9. Brendan Gallagher, Montreal Canadiens
Gallagher remains primed for a big second round against the Bruins. He has 3 goals and 2 assists in four games.
10. Paul Martin, Pittsburgh Penguins
Martin has eight points in six games and has been the Penguins’ top defenseman.