It's mid-December and the holiday season is in full-swing. The Washington Capitals felt there wasn't enough holiday cheer going around, so Alex Ovechkin, Mike Green, Joel Ward, Nicklas Backstrom, Brooks Laich, Troy Brouwer, John Erskine, Tom Wilson and Aaron Volpatti put together a band for a rockin' out version of "Jingle Bells."
You can probably guess how it turned out.
Our five favorite things from this video, in order:
• Alex Ovechkin losing a jingle ball (:41 second mark) and not letting it affect his playing, like a pro.
• It's hard to pick a best bad sweater of the bunch because they're all so terrific, but Brooks Laich's elf one is the tops:
• Joel Ward unable to contain his laughter three seconds into the video. He knew what was coming. He knew how ridiculously funny this would be. This was probably their fifth take.
• Troy Brouwer's Uggs. Troy Brouwer's hat. Troy Brouwer's mustache. Troy Brouwer's flannel pajamas. Troy Brouwer's guitar-playing abilities.
• Finally, no NHL has been able to contain Alex Ovechkin on the ice this season, nor can anyone contain his enthusiasm off it:
Check out some more holiday hilarity here with the outtakes.
- - - - - - -