Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• Sergei Gonchar, keeping it real.
Preview: Boston Bruins at Ottawa Senators, 7 p.m. ET
The Bruins have lost 4 of their last 5 games away from home, but this one just might be the cure for their road woes. Boston has won 18 of their last 19 versus teams from Ontario, and they've won 10 straight in Ottawa. Unfortunately for Boston, the Senators just got a power boost by losing Marc Methot to an injury. They gain a level every time someone gets hurt, as you know.
Preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres, 7 p.m. ET
The Maple Leafs will be without Joffrey Lupul, who's serving a two-game suspension. That's a big loss, but Toronto can't complain -- not when Buffalo looks to be without Thomas Vanek. They've won 3 straight and 10 of 11 at home versus Toronto, but a Vanekless Buffalo isn't quite the same club.
Preview: Washington Capitals at Winnipeg Jets, 8 p.m. ET
The Capitals come into Winnipeg 9 points back for first place in the Southeast division, but with two games in two nights versus the Jets, they could trim that lead to just 5 points by the weekend. It won't be easy: Winnipeg is 6-1-1 in their last 8 and they've won 3 straight.
Preview: Dallas Stars at Los Angeles Kings, 10:30 p.m. ET
The Kings' have won 5 straight at home. Their last loss at the Staples Center was versus the Stars, and they haven't forgotten it. "Dallas kicked our (butt) in here last time," Darryl Sutter said. Revenge game!
• Local Pittsburgh mom is angry at James Neal. [The Pensblog]
• On Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and age trends. [The Good Point]
• Rather than take the puck up ice on a delayed penalty, the Canucks intentionally killed a minute last in a game. The Canadian Press saw it very, very differently. [PITB]
• Speaking of killing, the Columbus Blue Jackets penalty kill is killing at killing. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
• Some nickname options for LA Kings' rookie Tyler Toffoli. [Kings]
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: DM2002 on the coaches' challenge debate:
"if we rule on goalie interference plays, there’s a good chance we’re going to take more goals down"
So illegal goals are preferable to enforcing the rules. Good stuff, Kris King.
Bold prediction: Another inexplicable win for the Ottawa Senators.