Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Welp, guess that really happened.
• After former NFL players were awarded a $765 million settlement, is that day coming for the NHL? The league isn't saying anything for now. [Globe and Mail]
While you're busy slacking off from work reading Headlines,
go sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Hockey already, will ya?
• Nazem Kadri is done talking until his new deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs is signed, sealed and delivered. [Toronto Sun]
• Washington Capitals forward Marcus Johansson is still unsigned. With the addition of Mikhail Grabovski to the Caps, what could MoJo be worth now? [CSN Washington]
• Now that he's signed a four-year extension, let's take a look back at the best and worst moves by Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli. Versteeg for Bochenski! [WEEI]
• Taking a look at Ron Hainsey's numbers, you wonder how he could still be unsigned. [Backhand Shelf]
• After fighting a back injury last season, Darren Helm is unsure if he'll be ready by the start of this season. [MLive]
• The COO of AEG Sports talks about the Ducks-Kings outdoor game, saying some “intriguing and innovative ideas” will make the game different than any other Winter Classic. We're going to guess "palm trees". [LA Kings Insider]
• How does one keep an NHL franchise stable? Well, winning a Stanley Cup helps, for starters. [On Goal Analysis]
• Ottawa's sales department trumps fans being able to look forward to a "healthy" Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza. Is that tempting the hockey gods? [The 6th Sens]
• Five burning questions for the New York Islanders as training camp approaches. [Eye on Isles]
• Jaroslav Halak's new mask features a goalie-playing bull. [In Goal Mag]
• A Q&A with one writer who's heading to Sochi about the recent equal rights debate. [Puck Buddys]
• A look at the strong history between the pipes for the Chicago Blackhawks. [Blackhawk Up]
• Why there's no rush for the Edmonton Oilers to name a new captain. [Oilers Nation]
• Hockey cards with the actual laces from game-worn jerseys are back again and look really, really cool. [Panini America]
• Examining hockey's growth in the great state of Iowa. [Panther Parkway]
• Finally, here are some sights and sounds from the NHL's first annual rookie orientation camp: