Today is "Media Day" at Super Bowl XLVII, which gets underway with the San Francisco 49ers at 11 a.m. ET. The Baltimore Ravens portion will commence at 1:15 p.m. ET and you can follow along via a live stream right here at "Shutdown Corner".
• The Ravens are "relaxed and ready" as they arrived in New Orleans on Monday.
• Ravens head coach John Harbaugh is drawing on his experience as the Philadelphia Eagles' special teams coach in Super Bowl XXXIX.
• Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis wants to go out on top.
• Lewis should not make himself the story this week, writes Michael Preston of The Baltimore Sun.
• Ravens safety Ed Reed is happy to be back in his native Louisiana this week.
• Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco ripped the NFL's plan to play Super Bowl XLVIII in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
• Scheduled to a free agent in March, Flacco will reportedly seek $20 million per year in his next contract. Hello, Franchise Tag! ($14.6 million)
• The Ravens' switch to Jim Caldwell as offensive coordinator has paid off, writes John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.
• Players and coaches on both the 49ers and Ravens weighed in on President Obama's take on football.
• Wide receiver Randy Moss is reminding his teammates that they are on a business trip, writes Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area.
• 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is at ease in the spotlight, writes Dan Yahoo! Sports.
• Kaepernick is a dangerous foe for the Ravens, writes J. Michael of CSN Baltimore.
• Beating the Ravens won't be easy for the 49ers, writes Ann Killion of the San Francisco Chronicle.
• Hard work is ingrained in 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith, writes Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee.
• Mike Iupati has has traveled a long road to become a Pro Bowl guard for the 49ers, writes Jerry McDonald of the Bay Area News Group.
• A Hayward, California couple hoping to see the 49ers in the Super Bowl were the victims of a cruel hoax.
Smith voted for Randy Moss.