New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle had 17 career interceptions entering today's game against the Kansas City Chiefs. None of those grabs were more spectacular than the magic he pulled off Sunday.
Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith attempted a pass to running back Jamaal Charles, who bobbled the ball and lost control. Then in a series of events that would mystify illusionist David Blaine, Rolle eventually apprehended the ball.
Here's the crazy sequence of events:
• First, the ball bounced off Charles' hands and popped up in the air.
• That bouncing all deflects off linebacker Spencer Paysinger.
• Then that ball hit Charle's foot and popped up in the air.
• The ball eventually landed on Rolle's wrist and still did not touch the ground.
• Giants linebacker Mark Herzlich fell into Rolle, but the safety used his teammate to secure the ball.
• The Chiefs were in such disbelief, they challenged the interception,
• The replay assistant challenged the incomplete pass ruling, but play was upheld
No matter how many times you watch the replay, it's still hard to believe. You'll probably see the replay for many weeks to come on highlight shows.