College football fans: Do not be alarmed. Tonight's game is coming to you from a "base-ball" stadium, San Francisco's AT&T Park, which is standing in tonight while Cal's usual home, Memorial Stadium in Berkeley, is retrofitted to prevent being literally ripped apart by the Hayward Fault. You know, base-ball, the popular 19th Century American sport in which grown men attempt to hit a ball with a stick? Right, anyway, there may be a little dirt on the field, but otherwise everything is totally normal.
San Franciscans, do not be alarmed: Despite being loud, questionable dressers and terrible with wine, college football fans are nice people, really. And we'll be out of your hair by morning. Theeeeenks!
• What: Thursday night live blog, USC at California. All colors and comments welcome, though preference is always given to snark.
• When: First kicks is at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN. Chat kicks roughly simultaneously, give or take a little pregame banter.
• Who: You and all your rowdy, Prius-driving, Whole Foods-patronizing, venture capital-backed friends.
• How: Hit "Watch Now," enter comments into the available box and do your part to accelerate the slow, agonizing death of conventional journalism.
• Why: Because what else could you possibly have to do tonight?