This morning we looked at how confusing the new conference realignment was to keep track of, even for the schools involved. Now we have an example of another graphics error related to the American Athletic Conference, courtesy of ESPN.
Okay, so the biggest issue here is that UConn isn't located in Massachusetts. I know the New England region is packed full of states, but this is an important distinction to make.
A few other notes:
* Temple is in Philadelphia, not somewhere between Reading and Pottsville.
* Cincinnati is directly on the Kentucky state line, not in...I guess that's pretty close to Columbus? Regardless, next time just plunk the Bearcats right there at the top of the Bluegrass State.
* Memphis is on the Mississippi/Tennessee state line, all the way at the southern end of the state.
To ESPN's credit, they did correctly identify all ten teams. On a confusing day, that's worth something.
Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• Two Texas A&M players suspended from team after brawl
• Which conference is the biggest winner/loser in realignment?
• Baylor's Kim Mulkey handed unusual suspension by NCAA
• Saint Mary's boosts its backcourt by landing Joe Coleman