Ladies and gentlemen, you know it's almost football time, because SEC fans are channeling their energy into productively, rather than destructively, stupid behavior. To wit: "The Butch Jones Song," honoring Tennessee's brand-spankin'-new head coach. There's so much to love about this video, so let it play as we cycle through its byzantine complexities:
• The idea that coaches write haiku verse about their recruits, which we totally believe.
• The gargled-with-glass voice that is a prerequisite for any coach.
• The somber solo piano, which is, of course, the perfect instrumentation for a rallying anthem.
• The "my wife's out shopping; quick, let's film" setting.
• "Butch Jahwnnnnes...yeah, he's gonna kick your ass, yeah, he's gonna kick your ass" is going to be stuck in your head till the sweet release of death.
• The scarily accurate Bama fan.
• Shower-cam. Nightmare fuel.
• The totally warranted shots at Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley and Jon Gruden.
• The starter tabs on the fretboard of the guitar.
• Best of all, the fact that "Butch Jones" is maybe one misfiring synapse away from the real Butch Jones:
Bravo, Vol fans. Your move, Bama.