- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Virginia played one of its best games of the season Thursday night in beating Duke 73-68 and even Cavaliers fans behind the Duke bench were on top of their game with a perfectly played photo-bombing of sorts of coach Mike Krzyzewski with a big head version of his younger self. (h/t @TheUVAFool)
Krzyzewski endured a tough night watching his team struggle offensively against the best defensive team in the ACC. He worked the refs at times and had to be shown back to the coaches box at one point when Rasheed Sulaimon was whistled for a technical foul.
It's not as if Duke didn't show up or was overlooking the Cavaliers, the Blue Devils were simply outplayed in this one. It was also another example of a game in which injured forward Ryan Kelly might have made a difference. Kelly participate in warmups with his team but did not play. He has been out since mid-January and is expected back next week.
Duke's loss assured Miami of at least a share of first place in the ACC for the first time in its history in the league and makes Saturday's rematch between the Blue Devils and Hurricanes even that much more intriguing.
More news from the Yahoo! Sports Minute:
• Position statement: Good luck trading Darrelle Revis
• Dennis Rodman tells North Korea's Kim Jong Un he has 'a friend for life'
• Klay Thompson's parents control his money, fining him for Pacer-Warriors dust-up
• Lane Kiffin defends Matt Barkley by ripping USC's defense