Last April, Detroit Mercy's Doug Anderson captured first place in college basketball's dunk contest with an explosive between-the-legs dunk 360 slam. On Friday night, Providence freshman Brandon Austin pulled off the same feat to win the school's Midnight Madness dunk contest. Austin, a 6-foot-6 wing known for his ability to attack the rim, was mobbed by his teammates after completing the slam. The Philadelphia native beat out fellow guards Kris Dunn and NC State transfer Tyler Harris to win.
More from the Best of Midnight Madness series:
• Orange-clad Bruce Pearl booed at Memphis Madness
• Michigan State shoots 'Tom Izzo' out of a cannon
• Georgia coach Mark Fox dons Spike Squad paint again
• Cincinnati holds its Midday Madness on an outdoor court
• Buzz Williams pokes fun at West Virginia with 'Country Roads' entrance
• Buzz Williams' moving tribute to sixth-year senior Chris Otule
• From dancing to dunks, Andrew Wiggins dazzles in Kansas debut
• Charles Barkley coaxed into dancing at Auburn
• Indiana's Hanner Mosquera-Perea slams two balls on the same dunk
• Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon as Duck Dynasty's 'Uncle Si'
• Luke Hager leaps over UNC Wilmington's chancellor
• Florida State QB Jameis Winston delivers mid-court alley-oop pass
- - - - - - -