No sport offers up a more bewildering array of souvenir
crap memorabilia than NASCAR, and They Make It digs deep into the corners of the Internet to bring all that strangeness to light. Today: the greatest collectible EVER.
The item: We've told you about the resurfacing going on at legendary Daytona International Speedway. And now, you can own parts of the track for your very own! (Pothole not included.)
The deal: Daytona and Jostens are working together to bring you chunks of track presented in a delightfully attractive form. For instance, you can get that chunk there at right from Turn 4 for a mere $159.95. Other items:
• A piece of track with stand and plaque, $99.95.
• A little bit o' track in a traveling tin, $19.95.
• A #3 carved from the track — which seems a little ghoulish, but maybe that's just me — for $149.95.
• A small stand-less piece of track, $24.95.
• A framed collage with a piece of the track, $129.95.
Now, this seems a little expensive, but if you're a true NASCAR fan, you'll probably jump right all over this. With any luck, you'll get a piece with a tire skid on it. Good luck!
The call to action: Got some bizarre NASCARiana for us to check out? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. Get to it!