Five quick links to start your day ...
1. The Yankees hired an additional 1,600 security workers to guard against souvenir hunters on Sunday night and that included the players. Johnny Damon reportedly was going to try sneaking both foul poles out of the place while Derek Jeter wanted to hoist the Giant Bat. No word on if anyone — Giambi? Joba? — crowbarred a urinal from the clubhouse. [NY Times]
2. One of my favorite moments from last night came when they showed Reggie Jackson and Val Kilmer — Val Kilmer! — sitting in the right field stands. The fan sitting next to Mr. October wanted to take a picture with him and Reggie gladly obliged, taking the camera and holding it at arm's length so that both were in the frame. If that fan is out there reading this, I'd love to see and post that picture. If you are, email it here. [MLB.com]
3. Kudos to our man Chalk, who took his Rays fandom one step further and hauled his noggin down to SuperCuts for a Maddon-inspired Mohawk over the weekend. I personally like the ending of the accompanying video, when several dogs start fighting after seeing Chalk's new 'do. [Bugs & Cranks]
4. I love when hot stove rumors start getting floated in season. First possibility flitting through the air, courtesy of Peter Gammons? Prince Fielder and J.J. Hardy to the Giants for Matt Cain. Thoughts? [San Francisco Chronicle]
5. No specific link on this one, but the Dodgers' Dane Cook curse continues. The Boys in Blue lost to the Giants 7-1 on Friday, but as SoSG notes, "I take solace in the fact that "My Best Friend's Girl" opened third, barely beating 'Igor.' Perhaps the long national nightmare of Dane Cook movies has come to an end?" [Sons of Steve Garvey]
To submit a link for TOTO consideration, email 'Duk at firstname.lastname@example.org.