After reading Rick Morrissey's column in the Chicago Tribune today, I realized that the angry email messages he and I receive are very similar.
The main difference, though, comes from the source. Mine comes from angry 16-year-olds most likely on their way to find Guitar Hero videos or single 32-year-olds on their way to find pornography that'd make Larry Flynt blush. Rick's correspondence comes from the manager of the White Sox.
Seriously, make sure you read the column, which features Rick trying to get a response from Ozzie over email. It took a couple of tries to get a ping-back from Ozzie, and it wasn't until Rick baited him with a letter about Guillen's commercial with Lou Piniella that he finally got a response.
"You have to be stupid. Get a life, loser. I hope you have no kids. They have to be like you."
I tend to overlook most of Ozzie's silliness, but for him to write and act like an Internet troll defies all logic. Rick didn't hammer him as much as I would have expected, but Guillen's just plain acting like a 13-year-old who hasn't been presented with any boundaries here. Jerry Reinsdorf would never say a bad thing to Ozzie, but White Sox management shouldn't continue condoning this.
Elsewhere in the baseball blogosphere ...
• If you're wondering why you never heard about the female streaker in St. Louis over the Fourth, you can blame Aaron Hooks and his fans in the Cardinals front office. [Inside St. Louis]
• As if the best team in baseball weren't enough (and it apparently wasn't), the Rays are giving away free gas to fans who come to the Trop. [Bugs & Cranks]
• For those of you who are avid Extra Innings watchers, here's a look at every television announcing team in the bigs. [Desipio]
• Who will Cynthia Rodriguez tab to help her spend the divorce settlement? Pete Abe has some ideas. [LoHud Yankees Blog]
• A look at the South Side All-Star Snubs. [The Bard's Room]
• A look at the Worst All-Star team in history (a.k.a. The Ellie Rodriguez All-Stars) [Bugs & Cranks]