1. Though his original quotes were erased by Bud Selig's information minister, Chicago White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle(notes) stood by his controversial comments about Michael Vick when arriving at camp on Thursday.
Buehrle also addressed the charges of hypocrisy he's attracted since he couples being a dog lover with being an avid hunter in the offseason:
"Hunting is a sport," Buehrle said. "There are hunting stores out there. If that's illegal, shame on my dad and my grandpa and his grandpa. It's kind of been brought up throughout the history of America. The last time I knew dog fighting was a sport was never."
Though the White Sox are under strict orders from Kenny Williams to not create any in-house controversy, I'm sure that last quote will attract some scrutiny. Not that I disagree with him on the difference between the two, especially if you're hunting for food. Chicago Tribune
3. If Peavy had his way, this is what his surgery would've looked like. Smells Like Mascot
4. STEW NEWS! David Brown is on the ground in Arizona and ready to start our month-long Spring Swing through the camps in the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues. He'll be starting in a logical place: With the reigning World Series champs in Scottsdale, the San Francisco Giants. Follow his trip at @answerdave.
6. Looking for a good podcast to listen to this weekend? Check out my appearance with Dan Levy, where we talk about everything from Phillies season tickets to the state of the Mets. On The DL
7. A-Rod is moving his centaur paintings to a 3,600-square-foot bachelor pad on the Upper West Side. The deal is reported to be in the $6.5 million range. NYDN
8. "The Phillies have become the new 81-date Bruce Springsteen concert." Good Phight