1. Two years ago, I was talking with Tim Brown in the lobby at the winter meetings in Indianapolis when a woman approached and introduced herself. Her name was Justine Siegal, her business card read "Baseball For All" and she was unbelievably passionate about getting more women involved in the game.
One of her goals that she mentioned that night was becoming the first woman to pitch batting practice to a big league club and I couldn't do anything but smile after seeing her do just that with the Cleveland Indians on Monday. Justine continues to be a great role model — not only for her 13-year-old daughter and other young women, but for all of us who are working toward a dream that others say isn't possible. Y! Sports
2. On the flip side, Jason Kendall(notes) hasn't been a good role model lately. Listen as the old backstop goes nuts during a radio reporter's fawning attempt to interview young Mike Moustakas(notes). Royals Review
STEW NEWS! We're adding a new Steward to the BLS team and his debut column will drop later Tuesday. DB's swing through spring also continues as he files a report from Surprise, spring training home of the Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals.
4. Albert Pujols(notes) isn't officially on the market yet, but one of baseball's teams is unofficially out of the bidding. Says Chicago White Sox GM Kenny Williams: "If [Jerry Reinsdorf] gave me $30MM dollars right now, I'm not going to spend it on one guy. Sorry White Sox fans." MLBTR
9. The Marlins seem fine with the fact that we're all acting like it's the Phillies world and the rest of the NL East is just living in it. Associated Press
10. Remembering Tom Brunansky's great age 21 season in 1982. Puckett's Pond