1. Most fans have a right to complain when a star player no-shows at a winter fan fest, but those who follow the Minnesota Twins won't be crying over Justin Morneau's(notes) absence this weekend. The first baseman has been instructed by GM Bill Smith to stick to his workouts in Arizona as he recovers from the concussion that kept him out of the second half last season. Wise move. Star Tribune
2. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed that Voros McCracken isn't working in baseball any more or that I just learned that his real first name isn't Voros. Either way, don't miss Jeff Passan's excellent profile of a sabermetrician in exile. The Postgame
3. Bad Kermit fisks this Jay Cutler-Steve Bartman column so you don't have to. Hire Jim Essian!
6. Five reasons why the A's should move to San Jose. Bugs and Cranks
7. So the Pittsburgh Pirates raise prices on walk-up ticket sales and fans don't have a problem with it? I'm not sure I agree with their logic that it's only going to hurt out-of-town fans as I usually secure tickets before I set off on a baseball trip. Bucs Dugout
8. Question of the day: Can Jim Riggleman really be on the hot seat if he's been under the microscope since he assumed the position from Manny Acta? Federal Baseball
11. "Just because the Jays have this additional money today, it doesn't mean that the (Vernon Wells(notes)) trade pulled off this weekend can only be judged based upon how they spend that extra dough. Because frankly, spending the money in your pocket just because you've got it is how Tony Reagins got himself into this deal." Tao of Stieb