We're finally beyond any specter of the football season (outside of Signing Day, of course ... buckle your seat belt for that puppy) and completely immersed in basketball, which can mean only one thing: The athletic wonder clips are coming from all over. As impressive as these highlights are, there were plenty more where this crop came from.
• D.J. Miles, Chicago (Ill.) Marshall vs. Chicago (Ill.) Crane: There are top plays churned out every week in the Windy City, but few this week could compare with Miles' acrobatic poster jam off a steal. Yikes, and watch out below!
• Jordan McLaughlin, Etiwanda (Calif.) vs. Upland (Calif.): Somehow, Jordan McLaughlin (his full name is Thomas Jordan McLaughlin) has slipped below the national recruiting radar. His skill set would seem to dictate he shouldn't, and a handful of explosive plays like the dunk you see below would seem to indicate that the sophomore may be showing up on a lot more regional and national lists soon.
• Demarcus Robinson, Peach County (Ga.) vs. Crawford County (Ga.): You know how sometimes the real beauty in a breakaway slam is in the assist? Just check out how the point guard sets up Demarcus Robinson (who happens to be a top football prospect with scholarship offers from Florida and Georgia) for a monster of a trailer slam on this play. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you reward the big man for running the floor.
• Josh Bray, Stillwater Christian School (Mont.) vs. Clark Fork (Ida.): Boy, did Bray come out of nowhere to throw down this slam. Starting out from behind the arc when a three was fired from across the floor, Bray skied in to throw home a monster jam more befitting of LeBron James than an unheralded prospect from Big Sky country.
• Rashaun Stimage, Chicago (Ill.) Farragut vs. Chicago (Ill.) Marshall: Remember what Prep Rally said about Chicago being loaded with big plays? Well, case in point. Stimage refused to settle for a simple putback on this play, instead elevating for as monstrous a tip slam as you'll see.
• Reggie Sutton, San Angelo Central (Texas) vs. Abilene (Texas): There were plenty of histrionics before Sutton put up his game-winning heave of a desperation trey, but even more after it hit the bottom of the net in a huge San Angelo Central victory.
• Cooper Hudson and J.D. Moore, Klein (Texas) vs. Dekaney (Texas): It's not just dunks on which the passes sometimes provide the cherry on top. Just check out this game-winning buzzer beater for Klein, in which inbounds passer Cooper Hudson threads a spot perfect pass to set up teammate J.D. Moore in a surprising victory against Dekaney.
• Trey Allen, Columbia (Fla.): Wrestling is a fabulous sport, complete with some of the best prep athletes on the planet. Still, it can be hard for wrestling matches to land on highlight reels ... unless they include monstrous slams like this one, turned in by Columbia's 285-pound heavyweight Trey Allen.