- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The U.S. Open approaches, and with it the eternal question: "Is Tiger Woods done?" Shane Ryan, author of the fine new book "Slaying the Tiger," has an answer. (Spoiler: it's in the title of his book.) Shane's here not only to preview the U.S. Open in Chambers Bay, but to talk about his work, which is a remarkable look at the PGA Tour in transition. Topics include:
• The most likeable and unlikeable golfers he dealt with (hint: there's a two-time major champion among the latter);
• How Rory McIlroy is positioned to become one of the all-time greats if he wants to be;
• What it's like trying to chase unwilling golfers all over the country;
• Why Shane thinks Augusta National is a beautiful course but an awful institution.
All this and more. Check it out, we think you'll enjoy it. Then get ready for the U.S. Open with Yahoo Sports, you hear?
Thanks for listening to the Grandstanding podcast with Jay Busbee and Kevin Kaduk. Hit us up on Twitter (@kevinkaduk and @jaybusbee) Facebook (Kaduk here, Busbee here) or via the hashtag #grandstanding. See you next ep!
And keep up with Jay over on Facebook, too.