Time again for another Devil Ball Golfcast, and this time we're chatting with Ozzie Smith.
Wait ... Ozzie Smith, the baseball player? Yep, one and the same. He's playing in the Desert Dunes Classic on the Canadian Tour, and he took a few moments to chat with us not just about golf, but about that little team he used to play for that's found a bit of success these days. Topics included:
• His thoughts on seeing the Cardinals win a World Series
• Whether Game 6 was the greatest Series game ever
• What it's like to win (and lose) a World Series
• His thoughts on Tony LaRussa, the man who basically forced him into retirement
• His starting lineup (himself included) of the greatest nine players he ever played with or against
...and, of course, how he'll avoid the fate of John Smoltz, Jerry Rice, Tony Romo and other pro athletes who have tried their hand at professional golf. It's fun stuff.
We welcome your thoughts, ideas and recommendations on the podcast. Hit me up at email@example.com. Click the little arrow below to play the podcast or right-click it to download, and hit the iTunes or RSS icons linked below to subscribe. Follow us on Twitter at @jaybusbee and @shanebacon to get more frequent updates. Have at it!