Bringing you the best in golf news and opinion. Get up to date on your way to the first tee.
• Ouch: Rickie Fowler accidentally backed his car over his golf bag and damaged the shaft of his driver. (Must ... resist ... Tiger ... joke.) Anyway, it's not like Mitusbishi, the manufacturer of Fowler's shaft on his Titleist 909 D2, didn't make any others, so he's fine. [Golfweek]
• What's it like golfing with Sean Connery? Great tales from the best-ever Bond, including a snippet of the "Goldfinger" golf match between Bond and Goldfinger. [A True Golfer]
• With Phoenix preparing for insanity and Tiger Woods returning at some point, it's time for the PGA Tour to consider its conduct codes for fan behavior. (Column includes great anecdotes on fans getting under the skin of Rory Sabbatini, Davis Love III and Chris DiMarco. Good stuff.) [Steve Elling]
• The HSBC Champions is looking strong right out of the gate, as Lorena Ochoa, Cristie Kerr and Angela Stanford share the lead. Not a bad little leaderboard, that. [Golfweek]
• Camilo Villegas was amazing in 2008 and disappointing in 2009. What's 2010 going to hold? Whatever it is, Villegas is going to try to get a better head on his shoulders and enjoy the fact that he plays golf for a living. That'd be a good start. [PGA.com]