Angel Cabrera ... where have we heard that name before? Oh, right, he's the guy who won the Masters in 2009. Anyway, as is tradition, Cabrera gets to choose the menu for the Masters' Champions Dinner to be held Tuesday night.
Cabrera's choice of meals? Meat, meat, more meat, meat stuffed with meat, meat pureed and drizzled over meat, and probably meat-based drinks, too. Courtesy of Waggle Room, here's what your favorite Masters champions will be dining on come Tuesday eve:
Empanadas de Carne ( Beef Empanadas with Scallions & Olives)
Locro (Argentine Stew Made with Corn, Beans, Bacon, Beef & Chorizo)
Carnes Asada a la Parilla (grilled meats) served with chimichurri sauce
• Chorizo (Pork Sausage)
• Morcilla (Blood Sausage)
• Mollejas (Sweetbreads)
• Lomos Enteros (Filet Mignon)
• Vacio (Flank Steak)
• Costillas (Short Ribs Bone In)
• Ensalada Criolla (All Diced Small) Tomatoes, Onions & Green Bell Peppers. Oil & Vinager Dressing
• Ensalada de Papas (Potato Salad : Diced Boiled Potatoes,Hard Boiled Eggs & Scallions. Mayonnaise & Mustard Dressing)
• Ensalada de Arugula con Zanahorias Asadas & Queso Parmesano. Vinagreta con Ajo. (Arugula Salad with Grilled Carrots & Parmesan Cheese.Garlic Vinaigrette)
• Ensalada de Lechuga, Tomates & Cebollas (Lettuce, Onions & Tomato Salad)
• Ensalada de Remolachas & Huevos Duros con Mayonesa (Beets & Hard Boiled Eggs. Mayonnaise Dressing)
• Tocino del Cielo (Flan con Caramelo)
• Panqueque de Dulce de Leche
• Grappa Served with Desserts
Sweet mother of mercy. I gotta get me one of those green jackets. That all sounds delicious.
You can tell a lot about a champion by the food they choose. Tiger Woods, for his first dinner at age 22, chose milkshakes, cheeseburgers and fries, while Phil Mickelson went for barbecued ribs and chicken. Vijay Singh selected Chilean sea bass, while Mark O'Meara rocked chicken fajitas. (For a large list, click here.) Worst choice? Hands down, Sandy Lyle's 1989 selection of haggis -- sheep organs and oatmeal stuffed in a sheep's stomach. Mmmm ... it's Augustarrific!