In golf parlance, the Masters holed this one out. After begging Augusta to let Tiger Woods play late on Thursday, so people not inside the gates could watch Woods live, the committee did just that, putting Tiger in the second to last group on Thursday.
Not only did they get that correct, but his group is a perfect fit for what he needs. Two solid players that won't bring too much distraction to an already circus-like crowd, and that is what Tiger will get with K.J. Choi and Matt Kuchar. The three will go off at 1:42 p.m. ET on Thursday.
Some of the other highlighted groups:
• 8:56 a.m. ET -- Geoff Ogilvy, Martin Kaymer, and Luke Donald
• 10:13 a.m. ET -- Ryo Ishikawa, Ernie Els, and Anthony Kim
• 10:35 a.m. ET -- Phil Mickelson, Robert Allenby, and Y.E. Yang
• 12:36 p.m. ET -- Camilo Villegas, Kenny Perry and Rory McIlroy
• 1:20 p.m. ET -- Stewart Cink, Padraig Harrington and Charl Schwartzel
It looks like the Masters did a great job on the pairings. Here is the full list of pairings. Your thoughts on how they did with the groupings?