Today, we'll begin by directing you elsewhere. Friend and former coworker Matt Buser can now be found at BuserSports.com. We urge you to follow the link, bookmark the site, and visit every day.
We would have directed you to BuserSports weeks ago, but Matt and his IT staff have been busy upgrading and enhancing. Buz (Booze? Büz?) is the best fantasy hoops analyst in the business, and the Curry Line is probably the single greatest achievement in the sordid history of imaginary sports.
So go check him out...now. The predictable Wednesday bullets can wait.
• Rockets guard Von Wafer scored a career high 23 against the Lakers on Tuesday night. That's seven straight games in double-digits for the nine percent-owned Wafer, and seven straight with at least one three-pointer. He's averaging 16.1 points, 1.4 steals and 2.3 threes per game for the month.
Tracy McGrady (knee) will be sidelined for at least two weeks and Ron Artest (ankle) will be "reevaluated" after a 7-10 day layoff, so Wafer should remain useful in the near term. The Rockets are off until Saturday, but they've got four games next week.
At some point, Wafer obviously attended a Crash Davis-style cliché tutorial:
"I’m just getting into a rhythm out there," said Wafer, who hit 10 of 14 shots. "I’m just getting my legs more and more under me ... hopefully, I can get a chance to stay out there."
Play 'em one day at a time ... Happy to be here ... Hope to help the ballclub ... Give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, etc...
• Seriously, go check out Buser.
• Forward Carl Landry also reached his season high in points against LA, finishing with 21 on 8-for-12 shooting. Like Wafer, he's owned in nine percent of Yahoo! leagues. Landry is getting 20-plus MPG and the percentages are great (57.0 FG, 83.3 FT), but he's not a high-volume shooter nor a high-volume rebounder (6.6 RPG in January).
"It still don't feel right," Millsap said. "It feels like it's not getting better. So I'm going to go get it checked out today."
He said his right knee was feeling worse than his left knee, which he hyperextended in the Jazz's Dec. 23 game against Milwaukee. "When I run and jump on it, it hurts a lot," said Millsap, who missed three games with the hyperextended knee.
• The Denver Post threatens that "More offense from The Birdman is on the horizon." On Tuesday, Chris Andersen took eight shots, hit seven of them, and finished with 15 points and 10 boards. He also delivered two blocks and three steals for the few true believers who own him. JR Smith went 1-for-14 for Denver, following up his 3-for-13 performance on Friday. And now Mark Cuban has targeted Smith for suspension.
• Lamar Odom (knee) returned last night, but not with a particularly useful fantasy line (10 points, four rebounds, four assists). The Lakers get the Spurs tonight in a game to pay attention to. (We link because the photo is outstanding).
Photo via Getty Images