Two-start pitchers are a lovely thing in weekly fantasy leagues. Here's the prospective slate for the new week. As always, consider everything tentative - teams change their plans regularly.
1. Felix Hernandez (at NYY, at TB): You don't need any hand holding here.
2. Anibal Sanchez (TOR, BOS): The most underrated ace in the American League.
3. Clayton Kershaw (CWS, at COL): Start him anywhere, but Coors knocks him off No. 1 spot.
4. James Shields (STL, NYY): Fifth in the AL in run support.
5. Alex Cobb (at MIA, SEA): Toronto hits everyone; still start with confidence.
6. Scott Kazmir (at NYY, at BAL): Oakland bats not as snappy on the road this year.
7. John Lackey (at CLE, at DET): Last year's W/L a stone fluke; team playing better now, too.
8. C.J. Wilson (at HOU, CWS): Less velocity, less swinging strikes, oddly more whiffs.
9. Homer Bailey (SF, PHI): Maybe I'm stubborn, but I'm still buying.
10. Jose Quintana (at LAD, at LAA): He'll be worth the wait.
11. Jordan Zimmermann (PHI, at SD): Can't ask for a much friendlier schedule.
12. Bartolo Colon (at PHI, at SF): Seven walks, 52 whiffs, deserves our trust.
13. Collin McHugh (LAA, at MIN): Our McHugh love letter is right here.
14. Hiroki Kuroda (OAK, at KC): Velocity dip, homers up, still doesn't walk anyone.
15. Jake Arrieta (NYM, MIA): Tip the cap, the Cubs got this one right.
16. Jorge de la Rosa (ARI, LAD): Career at Coors: 38-12, 4.10 ERA, 1.35 WHIP.
17. Yovani Gallardo (MIN, at PIT): Solid ratios but K/BB is ominous.
18. Drew Hutchison (at DET, STL): Tommy John returnee makes good.
19. Henderson Alvarez (TB, at CHC): Strikeout numbers haven't caught up to raw stuff.
20. Tim Lincecum (at CIN, NYM): Sometimes the K/BB lies; strikes are too hittable.
21. Charlie Morton (at SD, MIL): Less grounders, less strikeouts, more walks.
22. Chris Archer (at MIA, SEA): Velocity fine, command hasn't been there yet.
23. Jaime Garcia (KC, at TOR): Hasn't walked anyone through three turns.
24. Zack Wheeler (at CHC, at SF): I see the potential, but returns so-so to this point.
25. Shelby Miller (KC, at TOR): With that K/BB rate, no thank you.
26. David Phelps (SEA, at KC): Cushy assignments, Mr. Phelps.
27. Matt Garza (MIN, at PIT): Fine at home, getting crushed on the road.
28. Danny Duffy (at STL, NYY): Glimmer of hope, then bottom dropped out.
29. Justin Masterson (BOS, at TEX): Too many disaster starts, don't like the slate.
30. Samuel Deduno (at MIL, HOU): Not a big K guy, but slate is reasonable.
31. Kyle Gibson (at MIL, HOU): Until K/BB crawls over two, can't expect much.
32. Tim Stauffer (PIT, WAS): Logical stream last week, left a mark.
33. David Buchanan (at WAS, at CIN): Pitch-to-contact in front of spotty defense.
34. Ubaldo Jimenez (at TEX, OAK): He's been better on road, not that Arlington is friendly.
35. Liam Hendriks (at DET, STL): Beat ya' again, Hendriks.
36. Roberto Hernandez (NYM, at CIN): Too many walks, still homer prone.
37. Chase Anderson (at COL, ATL): Hasn't worked deep yet, and now Coors calls.
38. Joe Saunders (BAL, CLE): Recycled lefty, not worth a gamble.
39. Randy Wolf (TB, at CHC): Thirty minutes away, he'll be there in 10.