I know some of you crazy kids are using Week 17 for your fantasy hijinks, so let's take a look at the Wednesday practice report.
• Brandon Marshall(notes) tweaked his hamstring in Wednesday's practice, a situation we'll watch very closely up until weekend kickoff. The Broncos, of course, need to win their home game against Kansas City.
• Steven Jackson (back) was held out of practice as per usual and he'll be a game-time call for Sunday. It's hard to imagine why the Rams would bother using him here, but we'll see what we find out around noontime on game day.
• Jonathan Stewart(notes) (heel) didn't practice Wednesday, as usual, and DeAngelo Williams(notes) (ankle) was also held out. Stewart is expected to go against the Saints, while Williams is very iffy.
• Hakeem Nicks(notes) (hamstring) had a limited Wednesday but he's still expected to play against Minnesota. He didn't look bothered by the injury last week, albeit most of his teammates mailed it in against the Panthers. Mario Manningham(notes) (shoulder) didn't practice at all.
• Donald Brown(notes) (illness) didn't practice Wednesday but nonetheless he looks like someone who will probably get a lot of time in Indy's walk-through at Buffalo this week. Pierre Garcon(notes) (hand) had a limited day and looks iffy at best for Sunday.
• Ahmad Bradshaw(notes) (ankle) generally doesn't practice in the middle of the week and that was the story Wednesday. He'll probably get plenty of work at Minnesota, in part because Brandon Jacobs(notes) is out for the year.
• Michael Turner(notes) (ankle) didn't practice Wednesday and the Falcons have no incentive to risk him in a meaningless Week 17 game. Look for Jason Snelling(notes) to start against Tampa Bay. Tony Gonzalez(notes) (calf) and Matt Ryan(notes) (toe) also took the day off.
• Matt Moore(notes) is dealing with sore ribs and missed some of the reps Wednesday but he should be able to go against the Saints. Keep in mind he'll be working without Steve Smith, however, and Muhsin Muhammad(notes) (ankle) wasn't able to practice Wednesday.
• Beanie Wells (groin) missed some reps Wednesday but he's expected to be available for Sunday's game with the Packers.
• Tom Brady(notes) (various) took Wednesday's practice off, the MO for the Pats. He's expected to start at Houston, but it's hard to say how much he'll play. In some years Bill Belichick has exposed Brady throughout meaningless Week 17 games, in other years he's given Brady a brief cameo and then removed him.
Photo via US Presswire