So my favorite Detroit Tiger has apparently been traded to the Yankees. Tough day. Time to get back on the gridiron for a quick lap around the Tuesday news.
• Clinton Portis(notes) (post concussion) is officially out for the season; the Redskins placed him on injured reserve Tuesday. Rock Cartwright(notes) obviously gets a bump from the news but don't forget about Quinton Ganther(notes), who looked considerably better than The Rock over the last two Sundays (Cartwright had 77 yards on 28 carries, while Ganther has 78 yards on just 13 totes). Jim Zorn still plans to start Cartwright in Week 14, but we'll see who finishes.
• Terrell Owens(notes) wants to play 2-3 more years, if you wanted to know. He's currently on a one-year deal with the Bills and that's probably what he'll be looking at after the season. Perhaps TO is motivated by the fact that he didn't make Peter King's All-Decade Team, while King's longtime favorite Hines Ward(notes) did. [buffalobills.com, SI.com]
• DeSean Jackson(notes) is hopeful he'll be able to go Sunday against the Giants but we'll see how his post-concussion symptoms are come the end of the week. "The tests and results are looking good right now," Jackson offered Tuesday. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
• You probably saw Vince Young(notes) hobbling at various times during the loss at Indianapolis, but it's nothing to be concerned about, just a minor knee injury. He's an excellent play against the Rams this week (and go get the Tennessee defense while we're on the subject). [Nashville Tennessean]
• Anthony Gonzalez(notes) recently had a setback with his troublesome knee and had another arthroscopic procedure. We'll be surprised if Gonzalez gets back on the field again this year, playoffs included. In the meantime, enjoy the Pierre Garcon(notes) show. [Indianapolis Colts Examiner]
• If Mark Sanchez(notes) plays against the Buccaneers this week it will be with a brace on both knees. Perhaps the Jets will turn the game into a 1970s affair and run the ball 50 times. [New York Post]