Bills snap counts: Depth chart breakdown at Patriots

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2 min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Buffalo Bills
    Buffalo Bills
    LiveTodayTomorrowvs--|

Here’s how the Buffalo Bills’ depth chart broke down via snap counts in their 33-21 Week 16 win against the New England Patriots:

Offense snap counts

  • The near 100 percent club was straight forward. TE Dawson Knox usually falls a little short, but got there with QB Josh Allen and the O-line.

  • Knox was also the only TE active. Tommy Sweeney was inactive.

  • The only one missing from the 100 percenters was OL Ike Boettger. He injured his Achilles and is now on injured reserve. OL Dion Dawkins replaced him.

  • WR Isaiah McKenzie led his position group for the first time this season and had a season-high 85 percent of snaps. He was followed by the usual top two, Stefon Diggs (82%) and Emmanuel Sanders (82%). Jake Kumerow (20%) also played in a season-high total.

  • After being a healthy scratch in recent weeks, RB Zack Moss played 33 percent of snaps. Devin Singletary was still the clear No. 1 (68%). Matt Breida was a healthy scratch.

  • The Bills offense outsnapped the defense, 79 to 64 total snaps.

Defense snap counts

  • There was the usual near 100 percent club on defense, but with a twist like on offense. LB Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano were there with most of the secondary.

  • The lone secondary member not at 100 percent was CB Dane Jackson at 80 percent. Siran Neal took the other 20 percent to provide a larger body on the field.

  • CB Taron Johnson also dropped in snap counts a bit to 70 percent. The one taking his other share was LB AJ Klein, again to provide a bigger defender on the field against the run.

  • DE Efe Obada led his position group with his season-high total of snaps, 59 percent. He only trailed DT Ed Oliver on the D-line (67%) as Obada lined up at both positions.

  • The rest of the D-line was mostly a close cluster: DE Mario Addison (50%), DE Greg Rousseau, and DE Jerry Hughes (45%) included.

Special teams snaps

1

1