Post time for the Belmont is 7:05 p.m., and the race will be televised live by FOX.
Forte, trained by Todd Pletcher, has won six of seven career starts and enters the Belmont off a victory in the Florida Derby on April 1 at Gulfstream Park. He was the morning-line favorite for the Kentucky Derby but was scratched on the morning of the race by Kentucky Horse Racing Commission veterinarian Nick Smith because of concerns about a bruised right front foot.
Forte, who will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr., drew the No. 6 post position in the field of nine.
"Obviously he didn’t run in the Derby, but he hasn’t missed any training," Forte owner Mike Repole said. "It works out. We still think this is the best 3-year-old in the crop, and I think on Saturday he’s going to prove that."
Churchill Downs shuts down for now: Spring Meet moving to Ellis Park after 12 horse deaths at famed racetrack
Pletcher is seeking his fifth Belmont victory, having won last year with Mo Donegal.
Churchill Downs horse deaths: KHRC releases reports on Parents Pride, Take Charge Briana, Freezing Point
2023 Belmont post position, horse, trainer, jockey, morning-line odds
1. Tapit Shoes, Brad Cox, Jose Ortiz, 20-1
2. Tapit Trice, Todd Pletcher, Luis Saez, 3-1
3. Arcangelo, Jena Antonucci, Javier Castellano, 8-1
4. National Treasure, Bob Baffert, John Velazquez, 5-1
5. Il Miracolo, Antonio Sano, Marcos Meneses, 30-1
6. Forte, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 5-2
7. Hit Show, Brad Cox, Manny Franco, 10-1
8. Angel of Empire, Brad Cox, Flavien Prat, 7-2
9. Red Route One, Steve Asmussen, Joel Rosario, 15-1
Jason Frakes: 502-582-4046; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @KentuckyDerbyCJ.
This article originally appeared on Louisville Courier Journal: Belmont Stakes draw 2023: Horses odds, post positions and contenders