The Bears have their quarterback.
QB trade: Jacksonville is trading QB Nick Foles to Chicago for the Bears' compensatory fourth-round pick, sources tell ESPN.
Bears' coaches such as Matt Nagy have worked with Foles in past and know him well.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2020
Foles had long been rumored as a potential target for the Bears this offseason because of his familiarity with Chicago's coaching staff and his experience as a quality backup with starter's ability. He's best remembered for his miraculous Super Bowl run with the Eagles in 2017 when he replaced an injured Carson Wentz and led Philadelphia to their first-ever Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots.
Here is more information on the Foles trade:
- Amid COVID-19 pandemic, does trading for Nick Foles make more sense for Bears?
- Detailing how Bears got Nick Foles' contract restructured
- Bears make QB move that always made the most sense
- Grading the Bears' trade for Nick Foles
- There's officially a QB competition in Chicago