VIDEO SHOWS: BARCELONA PRESIDENT JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU HOLDING NEWS CONFERENCE SAYING HE WILL NOT RESIGN AND DEMANDING CATALAN REGIONAL GOVERNMENT TO POSTPONE NO-CONFIDENCE MOTION AGAINST HIM / FILE OF BARCELONA CLUB PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, RECENT FOOTAGE OF BARCELONA SQUAD TRAINING / FILE FOOTAGE OF BARCELONA'S CAMP NOU AND FACILITIES
RESENDING TO ADD FILE FOOTAGE OG BARTOMEU, BARCELONA TRAINING, AND BARCELONA'S CAMP NOU
SHOWS: BARCELONA, SPAIN (OCTOBER 26, 2020) (BARCA TV - MUST NOS OBSCURE LOGO)
1. BARCELONA PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, ARRIVING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE
2. (SOUNDBITE) (Catalan) BARCELONA PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, SAYING:
"We have asked the Catalan Generalitat to consider our proposal to postpone the vote to the 15th and 16th of November, a working day and holiday, and a 15-day delay to organise a decentralised vote."
3. REPORTER ASKING QUESTION
4. (SOUNDBITE) (Catalan) BARCELONA PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, SAYING:
"The board has decided that we will wait for the final decision from the Generalitat and that when we receive it, we will meet again."
5. REPORTER ASKING QUESTION
6. (SOUNDBITE) (Catalan) BARCELONA PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, SAYING:
"There is no motive to resign. We have a big responsibility. It would be a bad moment to leave Barca to different management."
7. BARTOMEU LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE
BARCELONA, SPAIN (FILE - SEPTEMBER 24, 2020) (BARCA TV - MUST NOT OBSCURE LOGO)
8. BARCELONA CLUB PRESIDENT, JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU, SPEAKING DURING A NEWS CONFERENCE (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
BARCELONA, SPAIN (OCTOBER 2, 2020) (BARCA TV - MUST NOT OBSCURE LOGO)
9. BARTOMEU AT RECENT SIGNING CEREMONY WITH NEW SIGNING, SERGINO DEST
BARCELONA, SPAIN (FILE - MARCH 26, 2016) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
10. BARTOMEU AND BARCELONA OFFICIALS ARRIVING AT TRIBUTE TO JOHAN CRUYFF
11. BARTOMEU AT TRIBUTE EVENT
12. BARTOMEU SPEAKING TO MEDIA DURING EVENT (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
BARCELONA, SPAIN (RECENT - OCTOBER 19, 2020) (BARCA TV - MUST NOT OBSCURE LOGO)
13. BARCELONA COACH, RONALD KOEMAN, WEARING FACE MASK AT TRAINING SESSION
14. FULL BACK, SERGINO DEST, AT TRAINING SESSION
15. FORWARD LIONEL MESSI AT SESSION
16. MESSI TRAINING
17. FORWARDS ANTOINE GRIEZMANN, OUSMANE DEMBELE AND STRIKER MARTIN BRAITHWAITE TRAINING / STRIKER ANSU FATI PASSING THE BALL AND SMILING
18. PLAYERS TRAINING
19. GRIEZMANN PASSING THE BALL AND DEST THROWING THE BALL TO DEFENDER GERARD PIQUE
20. MESSI THROWING THE BALL TO PLAYMAKER MIRALEM PJANIC
21. FORWARD FRANCISCO TRINCAO AT SESSION
22. PLAYERS AT SESSION
23. MIDFIELDER PHILIPPE COUTINHO AT SESSION, KOEMAN WATCHING PLAYERS TRAINING
24. GOALKEEPER NETO MURARA TRAINING
25. DEMBELE SMILING AT SESSION
26. KOEMAN AT SESSION
27. GERARD PIQUE TRAINING
28. PLAYERS TRAINING
29. GRIEZMANN RUNNING AT SESSION
30. COUTINHO JUGGLING THE BALL
31. FATI HELPING GRIEZMANN STAND UP
32. PLAYERS WAITING FOR MIDFIELDER RIQUI PUIG
33. PUIG RUNNING THE GAUNTLET IN TRAINING
BARCELONA, SPAIN (FILE) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
34. VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF CAMP NOU
35. FC BARCELONA AND CATALONIAN FLAGS
36. SIGN SAYING FC BARCELONA
37. BARCELONA BADGE
38. AERIAL SHOT OF STADIUM
BARCELONA, SPAIN (FILE - SEPTEMBER 18, 2020) (BARCA TV - MUST NOT OBSCURE LOGO)
39. LIONEL MESSI DRINKING WATER
40. PLAYERS ON PITCH
41. COACH RONALD KOEMAN WATCHING PLAYERS STRETCH
STORY: Barcelona's President Jose Maria Bartomeu announced Monday (October 26) he would not resign ahead of a vote to oust him.
Bartomeu also called on the Catalan regional government to postpone the vote, originally slated for Nov. 1-2, due to safety measures amid the coronavirus pandemic.
"We have asked to postpone the votes to November 15th and 16th," Bartomeu told a new conference. "We have decided that we will wait for the final decision of the Generalitat and that when we receive it we will meet again," he added.
The Barca board had asked the government to postpone the vote as they didn't agree it should happen under a state of emergency when club members should be staying home.
Bartomeu did not clarify what decision the board will take if the government does not allow the 15-day delay if the referendum.
A consortium of fan groups and presidential candidates, called 'Mes que una mocio' (More than a motion) gathered over 20,687 signatures last month in a bid to hold the vote against Bartomeu, clearing the 16,520 votes required to trigger a vote.
The cries for a vote of no confidence came about in the aftermath of talisman Lionel Messi requesting a transfer in August after their humiliating Champions League exit after they lost 8-2 to Bayern Munich in the single match quarter-finals.
Fans cited a lack of sporting direction and financial mismanagement as the main reasons they want to see change.
(Production: May Ponzo, Kurt Michael Hall)