- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Ronny Turiaf has missed most of this season after sustaining a hand fracture in January.
Turiaf, a 6-foot-10 forward, gives the Heat a strong rebounding and defensive presence as they fortify themselves for an NBA title run. Turiaf is another tough, experienced veteran who will help defend the Chicago Bulls and Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference playoffs.
The deal was announced Wednesday.
Turiaf, 29, has missed most of this season after sustaining a hand fracture in early January, playing just four games with the Wizards. Turiaf averaged four points and three rebounds in 64 games for the New York Knicks a season ago.
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Video: Heat-Thunder matchup could prove to be a preview of the NBA Finals
• Does Kansas have the ingredients to shake its March curse and keep on dancing?
• Fantasy Minute: Players to avoid in your baseball drafts and auctions
• Y! News: Illinois winner Mitt Romney says it's 'time to close'