Antonio Brown settles civil sexual assault lawsuit with ex-trainer who accused him of sexual assault

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Chris Bumbaca, USA TODAY
·1 min read
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

The civil lawsuit against NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown brought forth by one of his former personal trainers alleging sexual assault has been settled, lawyers in the case announced Wednesday.

A statement from the law firms working the case detailed Brown and Britney Taylor becoming "friends" nearly a decade ago before being "involved in aggressive litigation."

"Having reflected on their relationship, both feel that the time has come to move on Antonio is grateful for Britney's excellent training assistance. They are pleased that Antonio is doing so well with the (Tampa Bay Buccaneers and won a Super Bowl)," attorney David Haas said. "Their dispute is resolved and they wish each other great continued success."

The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown (81) before the game at Raymond James Stadium.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown (81) before the game at Raymond James Stadium.

Taylor sued Brown in September 2019, not long after he had been released by the Raiders and subsequently signed with the New England Patriots, alleging the 32-year-old had sexually assaulted her on three separate occasions in 2017 and 2018.

Brown denied the allegations and then countersued Taylor for defamation, claiming she had damaged his relationship with the league and sponsors.

After he played one game in 2019 before being released by the Patriots, the NFL suspended Brown under the league's personal conduct policy for the first half of the 2020 regular season following an investigation.

Brown signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and reconnected with Tom Brady, and the team went on to win Super Bowl 55.

Brown remains unsigned, but Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said Wednesday in a news conference that the team was continuing contract talks with the wide receiver.

Follow Chris Bumbaca on Twitter @BOOMbaca.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Antonio Brown: Buccaneers WR settles civil lawsuit with ex-trainer