CROZET — Kenedi Anderson received one the coveted platinum ticket during Sunday's American Idol, blowing away the three judges with her performance of Lady Gaga's "Applause."
Here's some things we know about the 17-year-old from Crozet:
1. She was first discovered last year on Instagram. Originally, she auditioned for "America's Got Talent" last year after a producer direct messaged her on Instagram. That same producer messaged her over the summer to give "American Idol" a try.
2. She lives in Crozet, but she's lived all over the country. She is a senior at Western Albemarle High School.
3. Her father is a big deal in the football world. Currently, he's the director of player personnel and recruiting at East Carolina University. Previously, he was the director of player personnel at University of Virginia for six years following an earlier administrative support role at his alma mater Brigham Young University.
4. She is one of six children, but she's the one with the most love for all things music. Her siblings are Dakota, Rubee, Peyton, Jayce and Jackson.
5. She's primarily self-taught. She's took a year of piano lessons and a year of guitar, but has spent the rest of the time teaching her self and writing her own music.
6. She wants to pursue music. She's hoping her time with "American Idol" will help kickstart her career.
7. She uses TikTok and Instagram as her preferred platforms to get her music out there. Anderson's music can be found on TikTok under the username @kenedianderson_ or on Instagram @kenedisingforu and @kenedianderson_.
8. All three "American Idol" judges were blown away by Anderson's performance. Luke Bryan said she was a five-star recruit, Lionel Richie said she was the next thing that American Idol was looking for. Katy Perry said she was threatened by her performance.
9. Anderson describes her music as singer/songwriter with a little pop and soul.
10. She's been singing since she was eight. She says she's been singing her whole life, but started to seriously pursue it when she was eight.
Your support helps keep the lights on at The News Leader. Stay connected with our stories, enterprise reporting and more by clicking "Subscribe" at the top of the page.
Laura Peters is the trending topics reporter at The News Leader. Have a news tip on local trends or businesses? Or a good feature? You can reach reporter Laura Peters (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her @peterslaura. Subscribe to The News Leader at newsleader.com.
This article originally appeared on Staunton News Leader: 'American Idol's' Kenedi Anderson: Top 10 facts about the Crozet teen