Tom Brady is now a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Jets should be glad to see him out of the AFC East. Brady had the Jets' number during his Pats career, going 29-7 against them in the regular season (though one of those loses came in a game Brady didn't start) and 1-1 in the playoffs.
But here are seven times the Jets took care of business against Brady.
1. On Dec. 22, 2002, the Jets defeated the Patriots, 30-17, and went on to edge out the Pats as AFC East champs the following week. The Jets went 7-2 following head coach Herm Edwards' 'You play to win the game' speech.
2. On Nov. 12, 2006, former Patriots assistant Eric Mangini gets the best of his former mentor, Bill Belichick, as the Jets win, 17-14, in a sloppy game in New England.
3. On Sept. 20, 2009, Darrelle Revis shut down Randy Moss and the explosive Patriots offense, helping Rex Ryan win his first game against the Patriots as Jets head coach.
4. On Sept. 19, 2010, the Jets intercepted Brady twice, and a late sack and forced fumble by Jason Taylor clinched a 28-14 win at MetLife Stadium.
5. On Jan. 16, 2011, the Jets defeated Brady in the playoffs, as Mark Sanchez and a solid rushing attack led the way for Gang Green coming out of Foxborough with a win.
6. On Oct. 20, 2013, the Jets won an overtime thriller against the Patriots, as Geno Smith threw for 233 yards, the Jets picked off Brady once, and Nick Folk kicked the game-winning 42-yard field goal.
7. On Dec. 27, 2015, Revis (in his second stint with the team) intercepted Brady, but the game came down to overtime, when Eric Decker caught the game-winning TD in the Jets' 26-20 victory.