Summer’s fruit harvest is so bountiful, it’s hard to choose a favorite. But juicy, sweet mangoes are our pick—maybe because they taste like vacation…or maybe because they work in any dish, from chicken to fish to frozen yogurt. Presenting 36 sweet and savory mango recipes to take advantage of while they’re in season.
1. Grilled Jerk Chicken Cutlets with Mango Salsa
The zesty, juicy salsa pairs magically with this spicy chicken dish. Did we mention it comes together in just 35 minutes?
2. Mango Guacamole
Don't knock it 'til you try it: You’d be surprised at how well the sweetness of the fruit complements buttery avocado. Pass the tortilla chips.
3. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
4. Zoodles with Avocado and Mango Sauce
Oh hi, 15-minute, no-cook dinner. We’ll be making you on repeat this summer, since the last thing we want to do when the weather is hot is spend the whole night at the stove.
5. Grilled Mango Salsa
Not only are the mangoes charred, but so are the onions, tomatoes and jalapeños. Pile it onto fish tacos, serve it with grilled flank steak, scoop it up with tortilla chips or eat it straight from the bowl—all routes point to delicious.
6. Bloody Mango Cocktail
7. Mango Avocado Sushi Roll
8. Vegan Chickpea Omelet with Mango Salsa
9. Strawberry Mango Hawaiian Shave Ice
We can’t always head to the Pacific on a whim, but we can whip up this glorious DIY version of a local favorite. You don't even need an ice machine to pull it off—just a blender and a freezer.
10. Mango-Habanero Glazed Spare Ribs
11. Spicy Gingered Mango Margarita
You had us at the chipotle chili salt rim. If you want to make it a mocktail, just omit the tequila and add more citrus juice.
12. Coconut Rice Salmon Bowl
13. 30-Minute Sesame Mango Chicken Teriyaki
We bet your go-to takeout spot doesn’t have this on the menu. We'd also guess that this version will be cooked and ready to devour before you can say, "for delivery, please."
14. Cookie-Coated Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt Bars
15. Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Roll Bowl with Sweet Chili Mango Sauce
This is like diving fork-first into a rainbow. We’ll be spooning the sweet and spicy sauce over everything, thank you very much.
16. Summer Fruit Salad with Herbed Pistachio Crumble
17. Crispy Coconut Waffles with Mango
Real talk: We'd get out of bed at the crack of dawn if it meant starting the day with a stack of these beauties. Be sure to let the batter sit while the waffle iron heats, so the end result is as fluffy as possible.
18. Dreamy Creamy Mango Popsicles
Hot girl summer, meet homemade ice pops. They contain more protein than you think, since they're made with vanilla yogurt and almond milk.
19. Avocado Strawberry Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is a classic, and for good reason. But who knew strawberries were the twist this dip needed to shine? Add diced cucumber to make it extra refreshing.
20. Simple Coconut Mango Chicken and Broccoli Curry
All you need is one pan, 30 minutes and an appetite. Oh, and lots of fluffy naan.
21. Sesame Balsamic Tofu Bowls with Chili Mango and Sunflower-Cilantro Pesto
22. Mango Raspberry Bellinis
Mango takes over for traditional peach in this bubbly sipper. Whip up a batch for a celebratory occasion (or any old Tuesday).
23. Mango Jalapeño Chutney
24. Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
25. Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt
The classic Indian beverage got a dessert-worthy upgrade. We’ll take two scoops, please.
26. Mango Banana Healing Smoothie
27. Herbed Chicken Salad with Mango-Mustard Dressing
Sure, the creamy, vinegary yogurt-based dressing is straight-up magical. But we're really here for all the crunchy toppings, like thin-sliced red onion, Japanese cucumbers and roasted peanuts.
28. Over-the-Top Burger
29. Caribbean Mango Pork and Tropical Rice Plates
We can't decide what we're drooling over most: the citrusy, smoky, fork-tender pork shoulder, the coconut-spiked rice or the crispy garlic tostones.
30. Coconut Brown Butter Mango Bread
A dash of dark rum makes this treat even more tropical. Feel free to swap it for your favorite spiced rum, since they tend to have notes of vanilla and cinnamon.
31. Mango Green Tea Pops
You're only five ingredients away from these creamy, dreamy pops that will keep you cool all summer long. (They're pretty darn easy on the eyes, too.)
32. Mango Jerk Salmon Burgers
In our opinion, grilling these island-inspired sammies is the way to go. But you can totally cook them on the stove or bake them instead if you'd like.
33. Mango, Avocado and Feta Kale Salad
34. Grilled Flank Steak with Mango Chimichurri
Don't let the long prep time intimidate you. Allowing the steak to marinate overnight ensures it has maximum flavor and tenderness.
35. Halibut Ceviche with Mango and Avocado
36. Mango Lemon Bars
For even more great recipes, check out our first cookbook, Only the Good Stuff.