- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile is the premier race for 2-year-olds, with a $2 million purse and 20 Kentucky Derby points on the line in Friday's race from Del Mar, California .
The winner is often immediately elevated to Derby favorite, as was the case last year with Essential Quality.
This year's race figures to be no different, with a slight snafu: Due to his current suspension, Bob Baffert-trained horses are not eligible for Kentucky Derby points. Baffert has a trio of horses entered into Friday's Juvenile, including American Pharoah Stakes winner Corniche, who enters at 5-2 odds with legendary jockey Mike Smith aboard.
Jack Christopher, the morning-line favorite, scratched early Friday. The aforementioned Corniche, along with Commandperformance, ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr., appear in line to be the betting favorites.
Below are the post positions and odds for all 11 contenders.
Breeders Cup Juvenile post time
The 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile's estimated post time is 7:50 p.m EST.
TV and streaming info
The race will air on NBC Sports Network, which will begin coverage at 5 p.m. Races can be streamed all day Friday on TVG, the TVG app, and on BreedersCup.com.
Odds for the field
Post position, horse, trainer, jockey, morning-line odds
1. Jack Christopher, Chad Brown, Jose Ortiz, 9-5 (scratched)
2. Jasper Great, Hideyuki Mori, Yuichi Fukunaga, 15-1
3. Oviatt Class, Keith Desormeaux, Kent Desermeaux, 20-1
4. Pappacap, Mark Casse, Joe Bravo, 15-1
5. Double Thunder, Todd Pletcher, Flavien Prat, 20-1
6. American Sanctuary, Christopher Davis, Florent Geroux, 30-1
7. Giant Game, Dale Romans, Joe Talamo, 30-1
8. Barossa, Bob Baffert, Juan Hernandez, 10-1
9. Pinehurst, Bob Baffert, John Velazquez, 8-1
10. Commandperformance, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 5-1
11. Tough to Tame, Christopher Davis, Sophie Doyle, 30-1
12. Corniche, Bob Baffert, Mike Smith, 5-2
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Breeders' Cup Juvenile 2021: Post time, live stream, odds, TV info